Scopus ID: 6603451357
Dr. Tomanin graduated at the University of Padua in 1985, progressed her studies with a PhD in Developmental Sciences (Pediatrics) and a Specialization in Medical Genetics. In 35 years of laboratory experience, Dr. Tomanin has been involved in numerous projects in the fields of genetics, molecular and cellular biology and pediatric diseases. Dr. Tomanin spent 4 years at McMaster University (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada), at first as a PostDoc and next as a Visiting Scientist, working on oncogenic adenoviruses and generation of recombinant adenoviral vectors for gene transfer and gene therapy applications.
Dr. Tomanin is co-author of 60 publications on peer-reviewed International Journals, 5 book chapters, and some publications in Italian Journals. She served as a reviewer for several International Journals, among which: PlosOne, Gene, Cytotherapy, Medicine, Orphanet J. Rare Dis., Comput. Struct. Biotechnol. J, Genet Mol Biol, Int J Mol Sci, Mol Genet Metab Rep.
AWARDS and ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:
– Jan 1986 – Dec 1989: Fellowships, Centro Regionale di Alta Specializzazione in Cancerogenesi Ambientale, Istituto Veneto di Scienze, Lettere ed Arti, Venezia.
– Jan 1990 – Aug 1991: Postdoctoral Fellowship in Molecular Biology, Cancer Research Group, Health Science Centre, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
– Mar 1993 – Apr 1995: Visiting Scientist, Lab of Molecular Virology, Dept. of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
– Jan 1994 – June 1994: Fellowship of the Canadian Government – International Council for Canadian Studie
– Mar 1998 – Mar 1999: Senior Scientist Fellowship, Istituto per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori di Milano
– Apr 1999 – Mar 2001: PostDoctoral Fellowship, School of Medicine, University of Padua.
Latest pubblications: Click here
Diagnosis and Therapy of Lysosomal DisordersThe Laboratory performs both research and diagnostic activities.
Corso Stati Uniti, 4 F
Phone: +39 049 9640111
Fax: +39 049 9640101