Calls for applications for Senior Post Docs.
Pediatric Research Institute (IRP) is an excellence center in pediatric medicine and research. Its six top research programs are focused on pediatric oncology, regenerative medicine, nanomedicine, genetic and rare diseases, immunology, and predictive medicine. The Institute adopts a unique multidisciplinary approach that blends ideas from biomedicine, bioengineering, biochemistry and materials science. It also strives to promote cooperation with national and international university hospitals and research institutes, to provide high-level training in pediatric research to students and researchers, to foster innovation and technology transfer, and to facilitate dialogue with the public through conferences and educational activities. IRP’s main goal is to continue increasing the internal focus on research & innovation, leveraging on the developed know-how to stimulate the transfer of new technologies and therapies to the market.
More information about the Center is available at https://irpcds.org
The Onco-hematology, stem cell transplant and gene therapy research unit- Director Prof. Alessandra Biffi together with the Molecular Genetic of pediatric leukemias group – PI Dr.ssa Martina Pigazzi is seeking two Senior Researchers to advance the group vision on immunotherapy. The successful applicants will contribute to the synergy project Initiatives at IRP “Validation of NOVEL ANTIGENIC DETERMINANTS for the development of a CAR T CELL immunotherapy for pediatric ACUTE MYELOID LEUKEMIA”.
Applicants should have completed a degree in biomedical sciences or human medicine (PhD or MD) and have experience in postdoctoral research in life sciences. We are seeking candidates with outstanding scientific achievements and a strong interest in developing advanced research in the areas of cellular therapy. In addition to a relevant publication record in the fields of virology or hematology or oncology, the successful applicant has specific focus on experimentally driven research and intelligent self-organizing networks.
- Antigens-target discovery and biological assays for validation;
- Lentivirus production and manipulation;
- Functional characterization of candidate genes and protein by molecular and in vitro approaches;
- Hematopoietic cell stimulation, transduction and expansion;
- Flow cytometry and immunofluorescence-based immunological characterization of engineered cells;
- Perform research on combining Omics data integration;
- Drive the research of younger research fellows, including co-advising Ph.D. students;
- Contribute the unit efforts on the acquisition of new funding (mainly EU);
The Ideal Candidate should have
- PhD degree or equivalent, in Life Sciences: molecular biology, biology, biochemistry, biomedicine, bioinformatics, biophysics, physics, or similar and adequate post-doctoral experience;
- Evidence of experience in the preparation and management of National and European Projects;
- Evidence of supervision of PhD and Master students;
- Research experience/track record in the field of cellular therapy
- Time management, planning, and development skills;
- Accuracy, flexibility, proactivity, and goal orientation;
- Teamwork approach, good communication and relational skills;
- Fluent in English (both written and oral)
- Experience in proposing new research lines and driving the research activity of younger research fellows, including co-advising Ph.D. students;
- Experience as participant-coordinator of EU-funded Research and Innovation projects, or industry-funded projects
- Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
- Work hours: full time
- Gross annual salary: € 27.000 – € 36.000, depending on technical background and expertise in the field
- Start date: March 2019
- Duration contract: 24 months
- Workplace: Padova (Italy)
- Benefits: flexi-time, internal car park, welcome office support, public transports, grant office, free training courses and seminars
Candidates are required to submit their applications by e-mail to
including the following attachments (.pdf format):
- Detailed CV, including the list of publications, and a list of the 5 more relevant publications (published) and the names of at least one referee
- Cover Letter indicating why the candidate is suitable for this position.
- Description of 1-3 most important scientific achievements (max. 2 pages)
This position is subject to budget approval.
Application deadline: 15th February, 2019
Available n. 1 post doc position “Assegno di tipo A” whitin the project “Development of innovative preclinical tools for an effective therapeutic strategy in pediatric acute myeloid leukemia” to be carried out at the Istituto di Ricerca Pediatrica and Dipartimento di Salute della Donna e del Bambino – Università di Padova, under the supervision of dr. Martina Pigazzi.
For further informations please contact:
IRP – Istituto di Ricerca Pediatrica Città della Speranza
Tel. +39 049 8215483