First Annual Retreat, awarded five researchers
Five researchers have been distinguished for the best written and oral communications presented at the first scientific retreat, organized by the Istituto di Ricerca Pediatrica Città della Speranza in Preganziol on 6 and 7 April. The families of Franco Masello, Andrea Camporese and Stefania Fochesato, who have assumed, successively, the presidency of the Fondazione Città della Speranza from 1994 to today, have generously made the research prizes available.
The selection boards assessed the clarity of their papers, their ability to make their subject accessible to non-experts in the sector, and their ability to answer questions.
The two best oral communications
Masello Family Prize, in Memory of Rita Masello and Massimo Zilio
- Sonia Giambelluca, Estimating the contribution of surfactant replacement therapy to the alveolar pool: an in vivo study based on 13C natural abundance in rabbits.
- Caterina Trevisan, Diaphragmatic-derived extracellular matrix patch exerts a positive long lasting effect on myogenic regeneration and nerve attraction when used in a surgical mouse model of diaphragmatic hernia.
The three best posters
Elisa Camporese Prize
- Diana Corallo, Role of LIN28B in neural crest development, differentiation and neuroblastoma pathogenesis
- Dott.ssa Elena Mariotto, The novel choline kinase alpha inhibitor eb-3d induces cellular senescence in triple-negative breast cancer and reduces tumor growth and metastatic dissemination.
Matteo Fochesato Prize
- Cristina Calderan, ACTA2 mutations detected in patients with TAAD affect mitochondrial distribution in yeast.